One of my inspirations, Bette Davis.
I admire her sooo much because she was one of the actresses who wasn't afraid to say frankly her opinions. When I want to cheer myself up a little I just read some of her quotes or watch her movies.
Here are some of my favorite Bette Davis quotes:
- Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.
- Everybody has a heart. Except some people.
- From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
- I am just too much.
- I never did pal around with actresses. Their talk usually bored me to tears.
- I do not regret one professional enemy I have made. Any actor who doesn't dare to make an enemy should get out of the business.
- I survived because I was tougher than anybody else.
- I will never be below the title.
- I will not retire while I've still got my legs and my make-up box.
- I'd luv to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair.
- I'd marry again if I found a man who had fifteen million dollars, would sign over half to me, and guarantee that he'd be dead within a year.
- I'm the nicest goddamn dame that ever lived.
- I've always liked men better than women.
- I've lost my faith in science.
- In this business, until you're known as a monster you're not a star.
- Life is a jest; and all things show it. I thought so once; but now I know it
- Oh, don't let's ask for the moon. We've already got the stars.
- Old age is no place for sissies.
- People often become actresses because of something they dislike about themselves: They pretend they are someone else.
- Sex is God's joke on human beings.
- Strong women only marry weak men.
- That's me: an old kazoo with some sparklers.
- The best time I ever had with Joan Crawford was when I pushed her down the stairs in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
- Why am I so good at playing bitches? I think it's because I'm not a bitch. Maybe that's why Miss Crawford always plays ladies.
- The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he's dead.
- Wave after wave of love flooded the stage and washed over me, the beginning of the one great durable romance of my life.